Thursday 24 April 2014

/////looking at other films about fires

The most famous disaster film made in the ‘70s the effects here are amazing for the time they were made and still amazing now. It made me realise just how powerful images of fire are and how emotive. The flames here burn to an almost white flame, very bright and it is very dramatic. Of course there was a real towering inferno on 9/11 and this footage shows what real flames are like in that situation, very black. Very smoky and very scary. I needed to find a fire effect that would be not just realistic but also would conform to what people think a fire is like as the viewer has to believe it. I looked at some real life images of houses on fire: And could see that there is more colour to the flames which also coincides with what people would associate with a real flame so that mixture of orange flame and smoke gave me a basis for my effects. Now I just had to concentrate on making the effects work!

No comments:

Post a Comment