Tuesday 20 May 2014

Review of the mill showreel

Review of the mill showreel I wanted to look at The mill showreel for their VFX special effects, I worked at this post production company in Soho when I did my work experience for school, and it really was inspirational. This showreel starts off slowly and builds up to a crescendo of special effects. The music is so much a part of it too and I love that as this is really energising. What I like about the showreel is that there is much of it which doesn’t seem like there has been much post production work to it at all (though of course there has!) but the things that explode with colour and effects are not the things you expect to do that, and as the pace of the editing and the action increases so does the pace of the music. As I am learning to use VFX this is really a great showreel to watch, it makes you feel full of possibilities, but as it is hard to master it also makes me realise how far I have to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment