Tuesday 20 May 2014

Reincarnation (inspiration for competition)

When I saw the theme Mind Body and Spirit my first thought was of reincarnation, so I thought I would look into how I could do some art based on this. I did research into reincarnation and art but was disappointed if not surprised when most of the references were religious, for me this is more of a spiritual thing, but I found that the art about reincarnation was too religion based in general and this closed my mind rather than open it, which was not what I had wanted to do. Lots of “cycle of life “ art, and Buddhism and hellfire etc all a bit telling you what to think, and not about letting your mind and spirit develop. For me the thought of reincarnation is more about having an open mind and taking responsibility, trying to live a better life as there may be consequences afterwards. But I can’t think of this as a religious thing, so I decided to try and let this theme inspire me in another way.

No comments:

Post a Comment