Sunday 10 August 2014

Fonts

I needed to look into what fonts would work well on my cover so i started off by looking for some fonts that would be used for horror novels ,I thought this type of font would look good on my book cover as the book is similar to a horror or something a long them lines.I used the website www.dafont.com to download the fonts. This website is very helpfully,I use it a lot when choosing my fonts,it helps me when deciding on what font I need and sometimes what theme I want my piece of work to be,I usually start with the text when creating something with text in,I do this because I think the font makes or breaks a piece of work. This website makes it very easy because it has a series of themes that you can choose from,the themes range from fancy to techno to holiday,there is a lot to choose from. Below are a few pics of some of the fonts i tested out. I thought these fonts were very cool and i liked them a lot but i didn't want people to think my cover was a cover for a fantasy novel, maybe the book wouldn't be taken seriously enough so I decided to go with a font that was more traditional and i think my choice was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment